Monday, March 30, 2009

3 Poems from this weekend

"Finish Line"
Teach me
Everything you have learned
Do you know how to live forever?
Or at least a way to
Make this moment last.

A heart
To hold within my own
Was all I thought I wanted, needed.
But our racing pulses
Left us tired at the end.

Teach me
Everything you have learned
Did this one come to find you waiting?
Or were you just surprised
To be in love again so fast.


"Dust"
The wind will carry with it
Many things:
Change that sweeps in fast
and knocks me off my feet;
Words that whisper softly
of evil things I've done;
Dust that covers me in shame,
burying my heart beneath the silt.

And once I have been eroded
Into the earth from where I came,
It will carry me to the sea
And go on along its way.


"Driving Home"
Let's stay here
Where we don't have to feel real.
The pressure that cracks me open wide
Has become the typical
Back there.

Let's stay here
Where we can pretend we are alone.
My life that feels so mundane
Has become the routine
Back there.

Let me stay here
Where I can forget you exist.
The thoughts that tear me seam from seam
Have become overwhelming
Back there.

2 comments: