Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pageant

Well
what does that mean?
A word we use to defend ourselves
when everything is actually going wrong

The lines in the ceiling
match the ones in my face
from too many smiles
maybe I should just wear
a straight face from now on

then

you wouldn't know the depths
of my heart
the innermost of my emotions
how I long that you were here
oh how I long that anyone was here, to hear
to be held
in an electric attraction
a like-opposite magnetism
that draws near
that which would never be expected to meet

depraved!

what does that mean!
Are we so bad off?

Or are we fooling ourselves
into thinking we need something more
so much more
than that which
comes so quickly?

Oh the simplicity
the averageness!
The absolute filthy of the ordinary!

Longing
to
be
so
much
more
than
another one
on the list
of those you now ignore.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the last two stanzas this season. I'm/you're not alone/insane.

    ReplyDelete