Saturday, May 9, 2009

Two Poems

"Audience"
Hiding
Lying in wait for you to pass by
Has only gotten me cut up
I'm fed up
And now what?

Every trick I try
Gets lost up my sleeve
Every wick I light
Gets doused so quickly
I have all the answers
To the questions you're not asking
Come to think of it
I bet this hasn't even crossed your mind.

So why does it engulf mine?

*****

"9 Minutes"
In this place
Where something glorious
Is coursing swiftly through my veins
It speaks in a whisper
That could fill a cathedral:
"I am happiness
I am peace
I am life, light,
Like the sound of a mountain stream
Or the colors of the evening sky
When red and orange and dark arrive."

I embrace it
I sit back
And feel its warmth
The comforting
Compelling
Complete
Satisfaction of knowing
That everything shines brighter in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment